Car Parking FAQs
Ticketless parking FAQs
Ticketless parking is in operation at Hawke’s Bay Airport (from the 26 April 2023), offering a significantly better and more sustainable experience for visitors and travellers.
Here are some frequently asked questions you might have about the new parking system. If you have any issues, or would like to provide feedback, please get in touch.
The Ticketing Parking system is smart technology designed to make entry and exit of carparks a breeze. Removing tickets means no more lost, wet or jammed tickets in the parking machines. The system uses license plate recognition technology to scan vehicle number plates at the entry and exit of the car park calculating parking fees automatically.
- The camera will read your licence plate number, record your time of entry and open the barrier arm for you to enter
- Drive in and park your car
- Ensure you have a note of your licence plate number.
Payment & exit
- Go to the payment machine and enter your licence plate number on the screen.
- Your fee will be shown - follow the normal payment process
- Drive to the exit where the camera will recognise that your parking is paid, and the barrier arm will rise.
- Drive directly to the exit where the camera will read your licence plate number, record your time of exit, and show the fee on the barrier machine screen
- Use payWave at the exit machine, barrier will automatically raise (please note: payWave is the only method of payment at the exit barrier)
For most vehicles coming into the carpark the barrier arm will raise automatically. However, there are some occasions where tickets may be required e.g.
- Dirty or unreadable licence plates
- Motorcycle plates
These customers will continue to press for a ticket at entry, pay using the ticket at the payment machines, and use the ticket to exit.
Simply press for a ticket from the entry machine. You can pay as usual with a ticket at the payment machines.
Absolutely. The free 15-minute period still applies. This is ideal for dropping off or picking up.
Payment machines now have a digital screen with keyboard that you can use to enter your licence plate number.
Here is a table showing parking charges:
You can pay for your parking by payWave, credit or debit card, or cash - notes and coins (change will be given).
Yes. payWave is available at the payment and exit machines.
We get it - licence plate numbers can be a challenge to remember. We have installed signs at prominent locations around the car park as a reminder. To make it even easier, we suggest taking a photo of your plate on your phone when you park your car.
Keep an eye out for our amazing Airport Ambassadors who will be available to assist you at the parking machines. And if our ambassadors aren’t available you can press for help on the parking machines.
You can call for assistance using the help button if you run into any issues exiting or paying for parking.