Airside services and facilities
Hawke's Bay Airport provides the following services and facilities to aviation and airline operators.
- In-flight catering
- Flight planning
- Jet A1 fuel
- Aircraft parking
- Full air traffic control
- Customs and immigration on request
- Rescue fire Cat 5 (Cat 7 available on request)
- 1750 x 45m main runway 16-34 with a cross-runway 07-25
Please contact us for all inquiries or for more detailed information.
Download Hawke's Bay Airport's Landing and Parking Charges here.
Civil Aviation Authority - Launch of New Drone Rules
The Civil Aviation Authority has launched new rules regarding the use of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. The conditions will mean stricter control of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles at New Zealand’s aerodromes from 1 August 2015.
Unmanned Aerial Vehicles can not operate:
- Within 4 km of any aerodrome unless specific conditions are met
- In airspace designated special use, or with any airspace restrictions
- In a way that causes a hazard for people or property
- Over runways or any other ‘active’ part of the aerodrome including other aircraft
- Outside of daylight hours (after sunset and before sunrise) except if indoors or within 100 m of and below the top of a natural or man-made object
- Above any area where the ground visibility is less than 3 km or if the cloud base is low and can not be operated in line of sight of the operator
This is not a complete list and we strongly recommend that you read the information on the Airshare website